The GatFest Live stage will be in full force to entertain the crowds all day on the festival field.
A great line up of performances from our local groups, singers and bands until 18.00 and hosted by our friends at Wythenshawe FM. Full line up and timings below.
1pm – 3pm: Local and traditional performances
• Fianna Phadriag – Opening the show is this award-winning Irish Pipe Band, featuring some of Gately’s own local pipers
• Northern Gems Morris Dancers – Connected by the passion for the hobby they love, they bring you 2 performances: 1 from children in ‘Dinkies’ & another from Over 16’s
• Evolve Gymnastics – Gymnasts from the community-based club in Sharston showcase their amazing skills & agility
• Heald Green Theatre – Celebrating 60 years of the theatre, performers will delight with a selection of songs from the musicals
• Perform to Inspire – Part of the Gatley community for many years, the current dance students will be showcasing their recent work
3pm – 5pm
• Circus skills workshop from The Circus House – Our friends at The Circus House will be joining us at the side of the stage from 3pm to treat you all to a circus skills workshop! Come along and have a go at plate spinning, juggling, hula hoop and flower-flower sticks, all this, whilst listening (& dancing) to the fantastic performers on our live music stage.
3pm to 6pm: Live music
• Charlotte Mary – Singer/Songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from Manchester, she sings feisty country-soaked songs, & has performed at festivals alongside The Proclaimers, Kodaline and The Wonder Stuff.
Listen to Charlotte Mary here
• Jack Hyphen – A songwriter, guitarist, vocalist and live performer who harnesses a blend of indie pop, alternative rock, melodic acoustic and everything in between to create an atmospheric and punchy sound.
Listen to Jack Hyphen here
• Half Tonne Son – A songwriter who has now made Gatley his home, he writes, plays and performs all of his own material live on acoustic and electric guitar, often with a unique finger-picking style.
Listen to Half Tonne Son here
• Soulful Minds – Closing the festival this year are a group of singers and musicians with roots in Gospel & Pop music.
A live band consisting of Tash and Tee in vocals, backed by Roger, Dem and Sunny, they will be bringing an uplifting mix of classic soul and pop music for you to listen & dance to! They love to bring a unique twist to classics such as Marvin Gaye & Stevie Wonder, as well as recent hits from Justin Timberlake, Beyoncé & Bruno Mars.